- Author: Harry Benjamin.
- Title: The Transsexual Phenomenon.
- Subtitle: All the facts about the changing of sex through hormones and surgery.
- Publisher: Warner Books, New York.
- Year of publishing: 1966.
- Binding: Soft-cover, 331 pages.
»Each day I live a lie. Mine is a life of deceit, for I am forced to be an actor on a stage not of my own choice. I cannot do … cannot act as I would like or as I feel. Yet I am not evil. I am not criminal. Until I can become more like other woman—if I ever can—I must live a lie, day after day. Physically I am a man; mentally and emotionally I am a woman. I am a transsexual.« Weiterlesen